- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Eight opposition members sentenced2009-03-25 16:09
Four more supporters of Nino Burjanadze, the leader of opposition Democratic movement-United Georgia were sentenced by the Tbilisi city court to two months of pretrial incarceration.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In this way, 8 out of 11 detained opposition members has already been sentenced, 6 out of the are Burjanadze's party members, 2 are activists of For Salvation of Georgia Movement - Ros Balt.
The ex-speaker Burjanadze's supporters are accused of illegal purchase and keeping of weapons. According to the Georgian law, they can be imprisoned for 1 up to 3 years. One of the accused plead guilty, but despite the attorney's intercession, the court refused to release him on bail.
Malkhaz Gvelukashvili and Lasha Chkhenkeli, For Salvation of Georgia Movement activists, are charged of terrorism and organization of an armed riot.
Today The Interior Ministry of Georgia published another series of video records, proving the guilt of people detained on March 23rd. This time the materials concern the Democratic Movement - United Georgia [Nino Burjanadze's party] members. The Interior Ministry of Georgia promises to continue publication of the compromising materials on the detained activists of Burjanadze's party.