- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
PACE to monitor political situation in Georgia2009-03-26 15:25
Mátyás Eörsi, the PACE Monitoring Committee representative, currently staying in Georgia, today continued his meetings. Today he was received by non-parliamentary opposition representatives - GeorgiaTimes correspondent in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
After this meeting opposition party members stated that PACE representative promised to establish a special monitoring group to observe the events in Georgia both before and after April 9th .
According to the opposition members, they discussed a wide range of issues, including the video footage the Interior Ministry spreads, and the plans of April 9th protest action organization. They highlighted the opposition dissociated itself from any violence and intends to hold peaceful protest actions only.
"We do not only dissociate ourselves from violence, I myself will actively prevent and suppress any violence; moreover since all the provocations come from the government", Konstantin Gamsakhurdia stated.
Gia Maisashvili, the Party of the Future leader also hailed the idea of monitoring group establishment and mentioned it will favor growing provocation attempts into a political confrontation.
Nestan Kirtsadze, the Labour party representative has estimated Eörsi's proposal in a quite positive way for the first time in recent years. She said that for the first time has heard an acceptable proposal from him, and expressed hope the promise will be fulfilled.
PACE representative also suggested establishment of a special group, acting as a mediator between the authorities and the opposition.