- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Protest actions against opposition held in Georgia2009-03-27 15:48
Protest rallies against the actions of radical opposition were held today in a number of Georgian cities.gt-en-newsitem-inside
People of Zugdidi, Poti, Kutaisi and Gori demanded to "put aside personal ambitions and let future generations have a possibility to live in a stable country" - RosBalt.
Participants of the rallies, both intelligentsia representatives and ordinary citizens, urged not to repeat the mistakes of the past and not to be back in 1990s.
In Gori the demonstrators protested against opposition activists, caught purchasing weapons and preparing armed provocation on April 9th.
Faculty of the Gori University, actors of the Gori Eristavi State Theatre, museum workers and other cultural figures called for everyone to stay calm, not to flare up tensions and avoid an armed confrontation in the country.
Youth also campaigns against civil confrontation. Today the students and faculty of the Tbilisi Medical University staged a protest action, initiated by the students' self-government. The Deputy Minister of Healthcare joined the protest action held in the public hall.