- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Manifest of Unity published by community and opposition2009-03-27 17:26
Georgian opposition and community representatives published the Manifest of Unity, read aloud by poet David Magradze at the briefing near the Supreme Court.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Manifest assesses the situation in the country and highlights that the present-day Georgian government drove the country into a dead end and plunged it into a deep political, economic and social crisis; and the events of August 2008 caused distrust of people to the authorities and hopelessness.
According to the Manifest authors, the only way out for Georgia is the peaceful change of the existing government, as it will enable building a truly independent democratic state, based on the principles of supremacy of law and justice.
The document underlines that the protest actions to be started on April 9th, will be exclusively peaceful and will be staged with the demand of Saakashvili's resignation and calling early presidential elections.
At the rallies the opposition obliges to act in the interest of people, in concord and in coordination. It proposes all its supporters and members of the present-day government to review their opinions and join the opposition in order to start building free and democratic state after the President's resignation.