- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Interior Ministry if Georgia to arrest Okruashvili in case he returns2009-03-30 16:56
The Interior Ministry of Georgia promises to arrest Irakli Okruashvili, the ex-Minister of Defense [currently staying in France] in case of his return to Tbilisi , RIA Novosti informs alluding to Shota Utiashvili, the Interior Ministry spokesman.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Okruashvili is wanted now. People who are wanted, are arrested, when found. And I see no reasons to do it in any other way in case with Okruashvili. In this way, if he returns to Georgia, he will be arrested. We will act in strict accordance with the law", Utiashvili said.
The ex-Minister of Defense, who has a status of a political refugee in France, doesn't comment upon the opposition members' messages on his possible return to Tbilisi.
In georgia Okruashvili is in absentia convicted of bribery, professional negligence, abuse of power and money laundering. Before his detainment in October 2007 Okrushvili accused Saakashvili of lobbying his family's interest when purchasing weapons for the army, and of organizing the operation aimed to eliminate Badri Patarkatsishvili, in the live air of one of the Georgian TV channels.
After the detainment Okrushvili was released on bail, then left the country and departed for France.