- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian army confined to barracks?2009-03-31 13:29
Since April 5th the manpower of the Ministry of Defense of Georgia will be confined to barracks, Interfax informs alluding to Georgian mass media.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This decision is made in connection with the planned April 9th opposition rally with the demand of President Saakashvili's resignation.
According to Georgian mass media, the President made a secret order to form special army battalions to disperse rallies. This message was indirectly confirmed by Giya Shervashidze, the ex-commander of the internal troops, to Fact [the Georgian new agency].
"I have data that in recent days the certain contingent was given very considerable money bonuses. I cannot state it was the advance prepayment for the coming dispersal of peaceful rally, but you can expect everything from these authorities", Shervashidze said.
Yesterday Georgian mass media also published messages of resignation of Koba Lachkebiani, the Commander of Land Forces of the Ministry of Defense of Georgia.
The Ministry of Defense neither disclaims nor approves the information. At the same time, Georgian mass media connect this resignation with the coming actions of the army during the April 9th opposition rally.