- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisian newspaper published Saakashvili’s statement on resignation2009-04-01 12:34
Today The Sakartvelos Respublica, a newspaper from Tbilisi, published a "sensational address of Mikheil Saakashvili to the people of Georgia" - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It this statement the President allegedly claimed of his resignation.
"In the life of every person, including the head of the state, there comes the hour when a decision, important for the country, can be postponed no longer. After the Rose Revolution many important reforms in political, economic and social sphere were conducted, these reforms created some new problems, caused discontent of a part of the population". "Certain political forces, willing to take power illegally, try to use it and drive the country into chaos", the statement claims. "Only one week is left to April 9th , and it will evidently be not a mere ordinary protest action, since there is a smell of gunpowder in the air. I cannot rule out that some irresponsible political forces, refusing to dialog with the authorities, may commit something the country will not be able to cope with. In order to avoid the unpredictable for the country consequences I, as the President, made a decision to resign and call the early elections", the publication claims.
"For many my decision will be unexpected, but not for me. With this step I will again show my opponents that the interests of the Motherland, but not the position of the President is the main thing for me".
Representatives of the authorities do not comment upon this "address', published only in one newspaper. The experts believe this "document" to be the April Fool's joke and appeal for Saakashvili to take this step.