- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Shevarnadze supports opposition’s appeals2009-04-01 14:04
Eduard Shevarnadze, the ex-President of Georgia hails the mass protest actions with the demand of Mikheil Saakashvili's resignation, planned for April 9th - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the ex-leader's opinion, the situation in the country is extremely hard. "If I was in his place, I would resign," Shevarnadze said.
In his yesterday's interview to Imedi TVcompany Shevarnadze stated that the demands of the opposition are not limited neither with the law nor with international acts. He mentioned that he, in his turn, resigned to avoid bloodshed.
"If the protest on April 9 brings out 100,000 people or more, and they demand Saakashvili's resignation, then I believe the president should not oppose the people but should be firm and resign," he said.