- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
PM of Georgia held a meeting with businesspeople2009-04-01 17:46
Today in Sheraton Metekhi Palace hotel Nikoloz Gilauri, the PM of Georgia held a meeting with the local and foreign businesspeople, working in Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The PM acquainted the participants with the economic situation in Georgia and noted that economic activity growth was recorded in Georgia.
"Today all the big businessmen and investors, who have been working in Georgia for several recent years, gathered here. I would like to say that in the course of the last year the GDP growth in the country amounted 2.1 per cent", the PM stated.
He also said that at the present moment the results of the first quarter 2008 is being summed up, and he could say that March was successful for Georgia.
"March was record active for a few recent months. The economic activity in the country increased significantly", Gilauri said and added that the reserves of the National Bank of Georgia and budget receipts grew considerably over the period.