- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia is not ready for NATO yet2009-04-02 11:35
Ukraine and Georgia still do not comply with the standards of NATO necessary to join the alliance, said James Appathurai, the NATO spokesman - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
One year ago, at the NATO summit in Bucharest the Alliance leaders stated that after some time Ukraine and Georgia will join NATO. Subsequently, at the meeting of the NATO Foreign Ministers held on December 2nd the assessment of the progress, made by Ukraine and Georgia on preparations for obtaining MAPs was conducted.
The Ministers confirmed that granting MAP to Kyiv and Tbilisi is anticipatory. Previously Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, the Secretary General of NATO said that the new assessment of readiness of Ukraine and Georgia for MAP will be given at the Alliance meeting in the end of the year.