- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Zurabishvili: Georgian authorities prepare a rally on April 7th2009-04-02 12:23
Georgian authorities intend to hold a rally of their supporters on April 7th , stated Salome Zurabishvili, the opposition Way of Georgia party - ITAR TASS. According to Zurabishvili's data, the authorities prepare to bring people from the regions.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Perhaps, they will manage to take some part of the people of the country to the capital for their rally, but I am sure that on April 9th these people will join the actions of opposition", she said in her interview to The Kvela Siakhle, published today.
A few days ago representatives of the authorities claimed they do not intend to mobilize their supporters from the population in response to the opposition actions and do not intend to stage any rallies alternative to the opposition ones. The representatives claimed that the authorities of Georgia "do not want a civil confrontation" in the country.
In Zurabishvili's view, the opposition will make President Saakashvili resign with many-day protest actions.
"On April 9th everyone will see how many people demand his resignation", she said. "And watching many-thousand and many-day rallies of people exhausts the nerves of the authorities and Saakashvili since they do not have the proper tenacity and patience", she concluded.