- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia accuses Georgia of building up tension at the borders with Abkhazia and South Ossetia2009-04-02 15:12
Russia campaigns for conducting the OSCE monitoring operation on the both sides of the border of Georgia with South Ossetia, said Anvar Azimov, the permanent representative of Russia to the OSCE.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We are proposing establishing two independent groups of observers in the region", he told a session of the OSCE Standing Council. According to Azimov, one group of twenty monitors can continue its activities in the zones adjacent to South Ossetia, the second one - of 8 persons -would act in the regions, adjacent to Georgia from the side of South Ossetia. "Naturally, the two groups should receive a mandate from both Tbilisi and Tskhinval", Azimov said.
Touching upon the progress of the Geneva Talks on security in Caucasus he said that he position of Russia is "abundantly clear". "Maintaining secure stability in the region is impossible without an agreement on the non-use of force, coordination of a security regime along Gerogia's borders with South Ossetia and Abkhazia, and an embargo on supplies of offensive weapons to Georgia," he said.
He drew attention to the tense situation in the Georgian regions adjacent to South Ossetia and Abkhazia and blamed the Georgian side of creating tense conditions. According to Azimov, Tbilisi continues the build-up the most efficient units, including the Interior Ministry special mission units; also constructs fortifications in immediate vicinity to the border with South Ossetia.
He underlined that the situation at the border with Abkhazia remains tense, and again blamed the Georgian side for it. The Russian diplomat deplored that, in his opinion, all the military preparations of Georgia remain unnoticed or deliberately suppressed by the OSCE monitors and the EU ones.