- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia signed a memorandum with the White Stream Pipeline Company Limited2009-04-03 15:48
Today the memorandum of understanding between the government of Georgia and the White Stream Pipeline Company Limited on the White Stream gas pipeline construction project was signed in the Ministry of Energy of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
After the signing Alexander Khetaguri, the Minister of Energy, said that participation in the project is very important for the country as it will increase its transit potential, increase budget incomes from gas transit and will enhance the energy security of Georgia.
The White Stream Pipeline Company Limited representative claimed that it is the first memorandum his company signed. The next will be signed by the government of Romania. He also believes that implementation of this project is very important to ensure energy security of the region.
According to the memorandum, the sides express readiness to cooperate in providing natural gas transportation from the Caspian region to Romania and Ukraine, further - to the central Europe countries.
It is known that up to village Supsa at the Black Sea coast gas will be transported via Baku- Tbilisi- Erzerum pipeline, further - via the the pipeline on the Black Sea bottom [pipeline to be constructed ].
At the early stages the transit capacity of the gas conduit will amount 8 bn cubic meters per year, but in case the Trans-Caspian gas pipeline joins the project, one more gas pipeline on the bottom of the Black Sea must be constructed, and the White Stream capacity will grow up to 24-32 cubic meters.