- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Futuristic 750 Mph Hyperloop Trains to Get Test Tracks in California2015-05-23 01:57
A futuristic "Hyperloop" high-speed transport system that will relocate its passengers in the blink of an eye, has just taken another big stride towards reality.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies Inc. has signed a deal with landowners in central California aimed at building the world's first Hyperloop five-mile test track.
The idea, that has already gone viral, is that passenger capsules will move inside tubes under a partial vacuum. These pods will be accelerated to high speeds by a system of magnets and fans, resting on a cushion of air. The Hyperloop infrastructure will be powered by environmental friendly solar panels.
Currently, magnetically levitated trains, which are in operation in Shanghai and Tokyo, can travel at a speed of 310 mph (500 km/h). While these trains use magnets to produce lift and propulsion, the Hyperloop would rely on compressed air for lift and magnets for propulsion.