- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian opposition submitted an application to the mayor's office for conducting a protest action on April 9th2009-04-03 21:51
Today the Georgian opposition submitted the official application to the Tbilisi Mayor's office for conducting a "large-scale peaceful action with the demand of the resignation of President Mikheil Saakashvili" on April 9th , stated representatives of the Conservative party of Georgia, one of the two organizations submitted the application - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the document, "on April 9th the opposition parties intend to hold in Tbilisi actions and manifestations with the demand of resignation of Mikheil Saakashvili from the position of the President of Georgia".
That day the actions and manifestations will be held in five places simultaneously: in Rustaveli avenue [in front of the Parliament building], in front of the Public TV of the country, near underground station Avlabari, in front of the State University and in front of the President's residence in Avlabari.
According to the application, the organizers of the manifestations are kakha Kukava, one of the conservative party leaders, and Koka Guntsdze, one of the For United Georgia leaders, Zviad Dzidziguri, the leader of the Conservative party, was appointed the person responsible.
The actions will start at 12 a.m. on April 9th and will last to 10 p.m. of April 16th .
The action organizers suppose the participation of "no less then 150 thousand people". In accordance with the Georgian laws, the Mayor's office should be informed at minimum 5 days before the beginning of the event. The majority of opposition parties and their supporters demanding Saakashvili's resignation, intend to take part in the rallies. At the same time, the authorities claim that President's resignation is out of question. In their view, the fate of country with 4.5 mln of population cannot and must not be decided by 100 000 or 150 000 of the rally participants.